What do you do when you have about 5 pounds worth of sinfully delicious fudge on the kitchen table and happen to be hoping for a late start the next day?
Put on your comfiest sweats, light a candle, tune in to Pandora, and play Scrabble while drinking tea and EATING FUDGE!
How was the fudge?
Amazing! Try it yourself! Pretty please…? It’s definitely worth your while. Promise!
Easy... use this recipe. It is sooooo good... Wish I could take credit for this fudge, but I had a busy day (last Sunday)… went to a yoga class, hiked a mini-mountain with some friends, and went on a walk date with a girlfriend… and when I got home, my boyfriend was already commanding it to call my name. This is easy breezy, he said it took him less than 30 minutes to make it.
Mamie Eisenhower’s Fudge (adapted)
(makes about 5 pounds and yields 120 servings… YIKES!)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/16th tsp salt
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3 bars of 4 oz Ghirardelli baking chocolate
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 oz jar of marshmallow crème (the original recipe calls for 2 cups of marshmallow crème, but just a 7 oz jar works just fine)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
2. Bring the pan to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
3. Boil for 6 minutes, stir occasionally and scrape the sides.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix the chocolates, marshmallow, and pecans.
5. Pour syrup over chocolate and beat until chocolate melts.
6. Move into a greased 9x13 pan.
7. Cool until firm.
After playing Scrabble, we went on a short walk because we felt a little guilty for indulging instead of working out… the air was warm”ish” (it was about 40 degrees) and there was not a single drop of precipitation from the sky… *Sigh* So much for late start.
I said a little prayer before bedtime… and when I woke up… VOILA!
Work was delayed for 2 hours. Short and sweet work day! When I got home, we decided to trek to the gym… did some serious ab workout and yoga… then walked back home where more fudge awaited.